I am a graduate student of Computer Science ay Yale University, working on my Ph.D. under Prof. Brian Scassellatti at the Yale Social Robotics Lab.I am interested in exploring Human Robot collaboration in the context of industrial robots. My areas of interest are Robotics, Computer Vision and Embedded System Design.
Previously, I was a Masters student of Computer Science at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. I was working as a Graduate Research Assistant on my Masters Thesis at Laboratory for Perceptual Robotics, under Prof. Rod Grupen.
I earned my BS in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology, India where I focused on Embedded System Design and built robots.
I have enjoyed working at Technical University of Dresden, Germany, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and Siemens Corporate Technology, Munich, Germany.
I have been involved in projects in the domain of Robotics, Ubiquitous Computing, Machine Learning and Deep Learning for Computer Vision. Additionally, I am interested in the manipulation and control of robots in chaotic environments and design of UAVs.
In my free time, I enjoy travelling, photography and cooking.
- September 2019 - Started working towards a Ph.D. in Computer Science at Yale University
- May 2019 - Graduated with a Masters in Computer Science from UMass Amherst.
- April 2019 - Will start working towards a Ph.D. in Computer Science at Yale University from Fall 2019 advised by Brian Scassellati and Marynel Vazquez at the Yale Social Robotics Lab
- April 2019 - Our paper Pedestrian Detection in Thermal Images using Saliency Maps accepted to the IEEE Workshop on Perception Beyond the Visible Spectrum at CVPR, 2019 (Long Beach, California). Spotlight Talk.
- Summer 2018 - Received the DAAD RISE Professional Scholarship - 2018 to pursue a research internship with Siemens CT, Munich, Germany
- Fall 2017 - Started Masters in Computer Science at University of Massachsetts, Amherst
- Spring 2017 - Selected for a research internship at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore through the NTU India Connect Program
- October 2016 - Received the Best Student Award for the Batch of 2013-2017, from the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, India
- Summer 2016 - Selected for a summer internship at Techniche Universitat, Dresden, Germany
- April 2016 - Our project Road Accident Prevention System was one of the top 10 finalists at the Atmel Embedded Design Challenge, India 2015 among 2000 teams
- December 2014 - Our project Amphibious Rescue and Surveillance Hovercraft Won the Best Project Award in the IoT category of Intel India Innovation Challenge, 2014 among 650 teams Media Coverage