Moving to Yale University.
I am a graduate student of Computer Science at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. I am working as a Graduate Research Assistant on my Masters Thesis at Laboratory for Perceptual Robotics, under Prof. Rod Grupen. My areas of interest are Robotics, Computer Vision and Embedded System Design. I have always been a curious person and my curiosity always made me ponder how things can work better. During my undergraduate studies at Manipal Institute of Technology, India, I have built the protoypes of various systems, that can help people lead better lives, through my skills in Embedded Systems Design. I have enjoyed working at Technical University of Dresden, Germany, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and Siemens Corporate Technology, Munich, Germany.
I have been involved in projects in the domain of Robotics, Ubiquitous Computing, Machine Learning and Deep Learning for Computer Vision. I am particularly interested in the manipulation and control of robots in chaotic environments and design of UAVs.
Besides incessantly wanting to learn more every day, I am greatly drawn towards travelling, photography and cooking.
- May 2019 - Graduated with a Masters in Computer Science from UMass Amherst.
- April 2019 - Will start working towards a Ph.D. in Computer Science at Yale University from Fall 2019 advised by Brian Scassellati and Marynel Vazquez at the Yale Social Robotics Lab
- April 2019 - Our paper Pedestrian Detection in Thermal Images using Saliency Maps accepted to the IEEE Workshop on Perception Beyond the Visible Spectrum at CVPR, 2019 (Long Beach, California). Spotlight Talk.
- Summer 2018 - Received the DAAD RISE Professional Scholarship - 2018 to pursue a research internship with Siemens CT, Munich, Germany
- Fall 2017 - Started Masters in Computer Science at University of Massachsetts, Amherst
- Spring 2017 - Selected for a research internship at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore through the NTU India Connect Program
- October 2016 - Received the Best Student Award for the Batch of 2013-2017, from the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, India
- Summer 2016 - Selected for a summer internship at Techniche Universitat, Dresden, Germany
- April 2016 - Our project Road Accident Prevention System was one of the top 10 finalists at the Atmel Embedded Design Challenge, India 2015 among 2000 teams
- December 2014 - Our project Amphibious Rescue and Surveillance Hovercraft Won the Best Project Award in the IoT category of Intel India Innovation Challenge, 2014 among 650 teams Media Coverage